- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- Jr Bucs Sports
- Inside Sports
- Fan Zone
- In The News
- Varsity & JV Fall RostersCongrats to all of the players who made a fall Bucs baseball roster. Coaches will be in touch with each team to let you know about upcoming practices and workouts.For those of you who did not make a team, we encourage you to go to www.westcobbbaseball.com and play this fall and come ready to tryout again in the spring.Good luck Bucs!!
- Allatoona Advances to Final Four
Allatoona moved to 30-3 on the season and advanced for the first time in school history to the final four for 5A baseball after a 6-0 blanking of Loganville in the deciding game of the series.
Blake Bradley had a busy day at the plate, collecting two extra-base hits. He homered in the second inning and doubled in the fourth inning.
Nick Gomez was in control on the hill. Loganville managed just two hits off of Gomez, who allowed no earned runs, walked one and struck out two during his 4 1/3 innings of work. The win was the first of his varsity career at Allatoona.
Allatoona didn’t relinquish the lead after scoring one run in the second inning when they scored on a solo home run by Bradley. They then piled on two more runs in the top of the fifth putting the game away. Loganville threatened in the 7th with the bases loaded with only one out before the Bucs turned a game ending double play.
Allatoona will now hit the road to Augusta to take on Greenbrier High School at 4pm & 7pm. Games will be audio broadcast live on Georgia Prep Sports Network.
- Bucs fall to Loganville 2-1in game oneAcworth, GABucs fall to Loganville 2-1in game one
The Allatoona Buccaneers Varsity’s Blake Bradley struck out six batters, but providing enough offense to notch a victory proved difficultTuesday, as the Allatoona Buccaneers Varsity fell to Loganville 2-1 at Allatoona.
Mitchell Miller got it done on the rubber on the way to a win. He allowed one run over eight innings. He struck out eight, walked five and surrendered four hits.
Justin Evans came in relief of Bradley but could not hold the Red Devils at bay.
Neither team scored until the sixth when Loganville got on the board. Loganville scored on a bases loaded walk by Evans.
In the seventh inning, the Allatoona Buccaneers Varsity pushed across their only run of the day on a passed ball.
Loganville went up for good in the eighth, scoring one run on an RBI single. The Bucs could not find the magic in the bottom half of the inning and dropped the opening round game.
Brian DeCarlo threw a shutout to lift the Allatoona Buccaneers to a 3-0 win over Loganville at Allatoona in seven innings.
The Allatoona Buccaneers Varsity got the win thanks in large part to DeCarlo’s dominant, 10-strikeout performance. The Allatoona Buccaneers Varsity’s pitcher gave up just two hits over seven shutout innings.
Grayson Harbin led the Allatoona Buccaneers Varsity’s offensive threat, as he got on base three times in the game. He doubled in the second inning and singled in the fifth inning.
Drew Franklin ended up on the wrong side of the pitching decision, charged with the loss. He lasted just five innings, walked none, struck out three, and allowed three runs.
The Allatoona Buccaneers Varsity went up for good in the second, scoring one run on.
The Allatoona Buccaneers Varsity piled on two more runs in the top of the fifth. A single by Pete Derkay ignited the offense on a key hit and run.
Game three will be played at 6pm on Wednesday evening at Buccaneer Field.
- Bucs on to the Elite 8
Bucs on to the Elite 8Acworth, GAAllatoona moved to 28-2 on the season after sweeping the Ola Mustangs in the Sweet 16. In game one
Justin Evans helped the Allatoona Buccaneers Varsity down Ola 3-1
Evans went 2-3, sparking the Allatoona Buccaneers Varsity to a 3-1 victory in seven innings over Ola on Wednesday at Allatoona.
He singled in the first and second innings.Blake Bradley looked sharp on the mound. Ola managed just three hits off of the the Allatoona Buccaneers Varsity’s pitcher, who allowed one earned run, walked none and struck out five during his six innings of work.
KSU commit Jaret Hellinger took the loss for Ola. He lasted six innings, walked one, struck out five, and allowed three runs.
Allatoona Buccaneers Varsity closer Evans put away the final three outs to record the save.
The Bucs went up for good in the fifth, scoring two runs on a groundout by Grayson Harbin and an RBI single by Bradley.In game two, Brady Eeles went 1-1, helping the Bucs to a 6-1 victory.
He singled in the sixth inning.Justin Evans pitched lights out for the Allatoona Buccaneers Varsity. Evans held Ola hitless over two innings, allowed no earned runs, walked none and struck out two.
Jacob Davenport got the win for the Allatoona Buccaneers Varsity. He allowed one run over four innings. He struck out one, walked two and surrendered four hits.
Justin Woods ended up on the wrong side of the pitching decision, charged with the loss. He lasted just four innings, walked four, struck out four, and allowed two runs.
The top of the first saw the Allatoona Buccaneers Varsity take an early lead, 1-0. A single by Drew Swanson, bringing home Evans started the inning off.
Ola managed to score one run in the second inning on a wild pitch.
The Allatoona Buccaneers Varsity didn’t relinquish the lead after scoring one run in the third inning when they scored on a groundout by Swanson.
The Allatoona Buccaneers Varsity piled on four more runs in the top of the sixth. A error scored Juanyea Tarver to start the scoring in the inning. That was followed up by Jordeyn Lewis‘s single, plating Skylar McPhee.
- 2015 Baseball Summer Camp
- Bucs Sweep Mays High School (13-3, 18-4)
Acworth, GAAllatoona (26-2) advanced to the sweet 16 with a sweep over Mays High School (13-3, 18-4) both in 5innings. The team hammered out 23 hits in the two games and hit two huge homeruns in the first game of the DH. In game one, Blake Bradley (7-0) went five strong innings scattering eight hits while giving up only two earned runs. Justin Evans picked up three hits while Pete Derkay & Drew Swanson both drove in three runs. Game two found the Bucs continuiing their hot hitting being led at the plate by Jacob Davenport with three hit sand Grayson Harbin & Jordeyn Lewis both picking up two a piece. Brian DeCarlo (5-0) picked up the win hurling two scoreless innings in relief.The Bucs will now focus their attenion on Ola who will be visting Buccaneer Field for the 2nd round of playoffs. Game-times are TBD.
- Bucs Sweep Villa Rica
Bucs sweep Villa Rica
Allatoona wrapped up the 2015 regular season by sweeping hte Villa Rica Wildcats (8-5 and 8-0). The team finished the year with a 24-2 record and will now await the first round of the state playoffs.
- AHS Bucs Clinch Back to Back Region Championships
Emerson, GAAllatoona did something that no other squad had ever done and that was to clinch back to back region championships. Behind the hot bat of Blake Bradley (6 hits & 6 rbi’s), the Bucs blanked region foe, Lithia Springs, 11-0 and 10-0 in a DH at Lakepoint Sports. Jacob Davenport and Skylar McPhee combined on a 2-hit shutout in game one and Brandon Rainey & Nick Gomez joined together to throw the first Buc “No-hitter” of the season in game two. The wins move the squad to 22-2 on the season with only two games vs Villa Rica remaining.
- Bucs Pick Up Two Critical Region WinsEmerson, GAAllatoona finally took the field again at LakePoint after a few days of rain and picked up two critical region wins (3-0, 9-1) over Paulding County. In the first game of the DH, Blake Bradley picked up the win with five strong innings before yielding to Justin Evans who threw two scoreless and picked up his third save. Grayson Harbin & Blake Bradley each picked up two hits to lead the Bucs at the plate.In the nightcap, the Bucs jumped to an early lead and never looked back in route to their 20th victory of the season. Kyle Jacobsen picked up the W going four innings while yielding just one run. Skylar McPhee pitched two scoreless innings and Justin Guyton shut the door in the final inning. At the plate, Allatoona had eleven hits with Drew Swanson picking up three and Blake Bradley had two more. Bradley, Jordeyn Lewis & Brady Eeles all knocked in two runs a piece.Allatoona moves to 20-2 on the season and now has only four region games remaining. The squad will return to action on Friday, weather permitting, against Lithia Springs at 5:55pm on Buccaneer Field.
- Allatoona Completes Florida Trip with Big WinAllatoona completed their Florida trip with a big 2-1 victory over 8A power, Timber Creek. The Bucs got the go-ahead run across with a sac fly off the bat of Brady Eeles scoring Justin Evans from 3rd base. The squad had other opportunities to push across the go ahead run but waited until extra innings to get the W. Jacob Davenport, Nick Gomez, Brian DeCarlo & Justin Evans combined to limit Timber Creek to just one run over the nine inning affair. Evans picked up the win throwing two scoreless innings in relief.The Bucs will return to region play on Monday against the Patriots of Paulding County on the road.
Baseball Info Center
Follow Us & Join the Conversation
- Women's Sports
Copyright © 2011-2012 Allatoona High School All Rights Reserved.
Website Design and Hosting by:Cegmag Solutions, Inc.